Friday, January 10, 2003

I'm back.

Due to the travel agent's mistake (note to self: never again trust one of dad's "friends" in the travel biz), I left L.A. three days later than I expected to, spent three hours on the phone to United Airlines, was told I was supposed to be on a flight I was never informed of (from Tokyo to Seoul -- without a flight from L.A.!), and if I never hear Rhapsody in Blue again, it'll be too soon.

(Note to self: Also, never wear freshly washed jeans on an 11-hour flight, especially if you have been eating only Denny's, Mexican food, and In 'N Out burgers for the past two and a half weeks. Squeezy.)

There are so many things I'd like to tell you, I'm going to start with the least important and most random: when you have the chance, rent Spy Kids 2. I watched it both on the way to the U.S. and on the way back to Korea (where I had to sit at the edge of my seat and crane my neck over the guy in front of me in order to see), and it's funny and smart, plus, Steve Buscemi makes a nice mad scientist. Mad props to Robert Rodriguez for writing, co-producing, directing, shooting, and editing it. Oh, and writing the music for it.